Which Should I Focus My Marketing On?
- People care about you. But they also care about your brand. The best part? You don’t have to choose one… When it comes to consumers in our current market they care about the implications there might be by associating themselves with an organization they work with. Both matter.
3 Ways to Implement Today
- Setup a content calendar: Split your digital marketing calendar to have a healthy balance so that you have a clear idea of when you’re talking about yourself vs. your brand.
- Manage multiple digital properties: It’s not a matter of keeping your personal profiles up to date or your company profiles… Make sure that you’re spending equal time on both so that when consumers are ready, no matter which experience they prefer, they choose you.
- Setup a CLEAR line of differentiation: Related to point two, separate the narrative between channels. On your personal pages, don’t automate listing alerts. On your company pages, don’t share photos of your dinner. A clear separation is important, and your audiences will thank you for it.
The Benefits of Marketing Both
- Maintain both and you’ll know you’re covered so that no matter what potential consumers are looking for, some representation of you will surface.
- Put your content strategy on autopilot so that you can spend more time on running your business, than coming up with clever tweets. Discipline and definition is key - your entire team will thank you for it.
- Not everyone is looking for the same thing. So by allowing individuals to decide whether they care about you as a professional and/or you as a person, you have two “at bats” allowing you to reach more people.
If you learned from this sheet or have more questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Help Center at www.support.getbuyside.com!